Events Committee Meeting Notes
March 7, 2016
Attendees: Dvo, Ashley, Dana, LZ, Sarah
- Still same structure: non-alcoholic drink option on Tuesday, alcoholic afternoon party on Wednesday, LNT on Saturday
- We will bring two white boards/chalkboards - one for today's events, one with the week's schedule.
- Does anyone know camps with art cars that we could coordinate ahead of time to participate in the LNT trash fence pickup?
- Power: Can you power our blenders for smoothies?
- Jenn: Confirm deadline to get events in the book? We think April or later
- Sophie: Do you want to host/facilitate a transitions workshop?
- Chris White: Can we get a birthday cake from the bakery on the playa?
- Internal camp-only events to help with camp bonding? Over dinner?
Daytime Smoothie Lounge
- Organizers: Events Committee
- When: Tuesday Afternoon from 1pm till supplies run out. OR move to 11am and make it a brunchy thing.
- Where: Camp Living Room
- Supplies: Blender(s), jugs of non-refridgerated orange juice (or cans of OJ concentrate), bags of frozen fruits, bananas, ice purchased that morning. Decorate the whiteboard on the street front.
- Details: Everyone bring their own cups. Great lounge-y chill playlist. Ask wellness if there is lotion/massage oil that we could set out for folks to use.
Workshop: Vulva Casting Party
- Organizers: Dvo
- When: Tuesday Afternoon at 4pm
- Where: Womb
- Supplies: Tarp, clean water, algae mold, plaster of paris, baby wipes, pads/paper, attendees bring something to sit on, coconut oil (cooler or sealed bags), tongue depressors to mix the mold and plaster, paper or plastic disposable cups
- Details: Circle up with female-bodied people. Opening Ceremony, including everyone sharing a word that they’re carrying for the ceremony (“joy!” “pride!” “serenity!”). Then we lay down and make molds of our vulvas. While they dry, discussion, drink tea, dance to Enya. People with vulvas exclusively. Peally welcoming space, lots of intention. Casting takes about 15m.
- Maybe a pre-playa workshop just for people in our camp who are interested? Bonding event for our camp, get excited about our camp theme. Bonding event for our camp, get excited about our camp theme.
- Could have a size limit? "We brought supplies for 30 people, first come first serve"?
- Language: Celebrate our bodies! Take pride in our sexual centers! Honor the beautiful, sacred entryway of new life! Chose to make this mold and display it however you like — claim and own your own body and share it however you like. Journey and leave with a souvenir
- Organizers: Ashley
- When: Wednesday afternoon from 3-4pm, proceeding the ReBirthday Party
- Where: Womb
- Supplies: face paint, jewelry, incense, fragrant oils, candles, nice paper, pens, package for Temple burn, fire? drum? masks?
- Details: Pagan ritual ceremony to symbolically shed your old self and be reborn into a new life. Chants, poems, and prayers. A ritual to burn what you are leaving behind (casting off from the default world) and manifest your hopes for your new life. Baptism sweat lodge feel. Talk to doulas about their plans for new wombats.
- Organizers: Events Committee + All hands on deck
- When: Wednesday Late Afternoon with 4pm setup, 5pm start
- Where: Camp Main Space/Living Room
- Supplies: Happy Birthday Banner, cake (from bakery on the playa?), 100 small cake candles, champagne, more hanging lights, streamers (made of fabric, not crepe paper), birthday party hats for everyone (plain white ones and a table with markers for decorating?)
- Details: Food committee, maybe plan a simple quick dinner after because last year dinner crew didn't know when to start cooking since party was still going.
- Organizers: Dana
- When: Thursday from 3-5 pm
- Where: Womb
- Supplies: Hot cocoa, teabags, cookies. Some sort of way to store large amount of hot water? A large thermos?
- Details: Celebrate your inner child with some mellow story time and hot cocoa. We cuddle in the womb on the pillows and bed and read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, or some other children’s story. Vibes are early childhood, inner childhood, comfort, coziness, napping.
Phunky Pheromone Party
- Organizers: LZ
- When: Friday from 4-6pm
- Where: Camp Living Room or Womb?
- Supplies: some way to tag people, paper and pen to keep track
- Details: Bring your funk to get funky. Funk music playing the whole time. Bring a clothing item you've slept in or sweated in. something not too identifiable. the less gendered the better as well. you mix things up. Everyone is blindfolded or eyes closed. Everyone smells everyone else's clothing, and you keep track. LZ to do research on the matching algorithm/order of operations for how to conduct. Suggested follow-up: the kiss and tell.
LNT Trash Fence Cleanup Party
- Organizers: Sarah, Eira, Coop. Sarah may not be there, but can help lead the charge.
- When: Tentatively Saturday Afternoon 3-4pm (Same as 2015), maybe earlier in the week.
- Where: Trash fence. Start closer to 9 or 10 o'clock where there may be more MOOP?
- Supplies: Trash bags, pickles, whiskey, box of granolas bars
- Details: Two big groups start at separate points, each with their own art car jamming music, and clean up MOOP along the trash fence. They meet in the middle with a celebration, clearly delineating a conclusion, with those with the most moop being declared the winner. Sarah to contact Earth Guardians to publicize. Would they co-sponsor? Art cars to take us out there so we don't have to bring our bikes. Pickle shots and snacks. Art car with each group. Recruit more camps to participate, advertise throughout BRC (posting signs, etc.)
- Organizers: Sophie?
- Where: Womb
- Details: A revision or replication of her “Transitions as Death, Chaos, Rebirth”